We're incredibly lucky to have been able to spend beautiful wedding days with so many sweet brides and grooms, and we're extremely grateful to those who have shared kind words afterward. The following content is taken from public reviews left by past brides and grooms, especially at WeddingWire and Facebook---where these and other reviews can be read in their entirety.
- "We could not have been happier with the pictures we got back from our engagement session and wedding! Ty did an exceptional job capturing all of the moments from our special day. The quality of pictures were great, his responsiveness to questions were fast, he had a great value, and was EXTREMELY flexible with the times/places we wanted our pictures at, which was so nice. Ty was very accommodating with our entire day. He made both my husband and myself feel very relaxed and comfortable while taking pictures. We had a large wedding party and very large families, and he did great managing our bunch, staying organized, and giving us top quality photos we will cherish forever!" -Andrea (May 27, 2017)
- "I am currently stationed with the Army overseas and flew back to Ohio for my wedding. I found Ty online and did some research before hiring him. I was so happy with my pictures. His eye for where to take pictures was better than I could have imagined. Ty was beyond wonderful and very professional. He was very flexible with communication because of the time change, and ensured he knew exactly what we wanted before our wedding day. He even assisted with coming up with a timeline for pictures, which made our wedding run so smoothly. He made me and my husband feel so comfortable. He captured so many genuine smiles, which ended up being my favorite pictures. Ty was very prompt in getting us access to our pictures as soon as possible and communicating with us throughout that process as well. I highly recommend Ty as a photographer." -Selena (September 24, 2016)
- "First and foremost, Ty and Christina are wonderful, down-to-earth people. Ty shot both our engagement and wedding photos. Christina was a great photographer for our wedding as well. They work wonderfully as a team and do their best to ensure that everyone is comfortable. Our wedding day was not the easiest..it rained, the venue wouldn't let them in when we thought, it was cold..etc, etc. This did not deter Ty or Christina. In fact, they let us use their umbrellas which made for beautiful pictures, and they worked around the rain (We had an outdoor venue). My husband and I both received numerous compliments on how great the photographers were, how long they stayed, how hard they would work for the shot, etc. I absolutely love my wedding photos!" -Jennifer (October 18, 2014)
- "Dearest Brides,
You are probably feverishly reading reviews and comparing prices in order to find the PERFECT photographer for your wedding. You are nervous, as you should be! This is a once and a lifetime decision and arguably the most important decision of wedding planning. Who will capture the best day of your life? WELL LOOK NO MORE! Ty Raterman is by far the most qualified and amazing wedding photographer you will ever find! I am not exaggerating. Here is why:
1. He was completely calm the entire time.
2. He legitimately took into consideration the poses I shared with him and even inspired other poses to go with my style.
3. None of the images look cliche or fake. Everything was completely comfortable and natural for my now husband and I.
4. He worked his tail off! He was always working. I had to beg him to stop and eat some food.
5. He was quick! I don’t know how he got everywhere so quickly. I think he flew. There was not a single missed memory because he was always there to capture the moment.
6. He didn’t mind taking a little direction. Some photographers are too proud to take your suggestions, however, Ty was willing to pursue my requests of photographing the horses, my shoes and random family members. I simply asked him politely (or not so politely, now I don’t remember lol) and he did it!
7. He obviously adjusts easily to change. Unlike me he was totally chill with last minute changes. I was late, groomsmen were late, horses showed up, it rained and then got really hot. He was fine with everything.
8. He never once looked at his watch. He was there to take pictures of the entire wedding and even though he had agreed to certain hours I never once felt like he was ready to leave. He was there for us!
9. Very quick correspondence and always reachable! Email and phone it was easier to get ahold of Ty than it was to get ahold of my own mom.
10. Last but certainly not least: HE IS JUST A GOOD GUY. He is kind, happy, caring and professional!" -Laila (June 20, 2015)
- "We got our pictures back from Ty yesterday, and WOW they are amazing! Not only is Ty a very talented photographer, but from the moment I first emailed him Ty was responsive, friendly and helpful. He listened to what we wanted while also giving us advice when it was needed. My husband has four kids and they were in the wedding (which of course makes taking lots of pictures a trick). Ty did an excellent job working with them, making sure the pictures they were in were brief and as "kid friendly" as possible, while still getting us lots of great family pictures that I can't wait to hang on my wall! I couldn't be happier with Ty Raterman Photography!" -Emily (October 14, 2016)
- "Ty shot our engagement and wedding pics. I was very impressed with his knowledge/honesty, and recommending different places that would offer better lighting and ultimately, better pictures. Ty did not disappoint! Our wedding pictures were absolutely beautiful! My husband and I found Ty super easygoing and easy to work with, and he was super organized about timing, organizing certain photos that we really wanted, and making the day flow so easily. He was definitely a pleasure to work with and worth every penny." -Laura (July 22, 2017)
- "The Ratermans are true professionals who are extremely easy to work with, pay great attention to your needs, and bring a quiet confidence to every situation you throw their way. Our engagement and wedding sessions proved to be flawless and so much fun. I cant stop looking at our wedding pictures...they're truly incredible! If you're looking for a mix of classic, tasteful and artistic photos at the highest quality, Ty Raterman is your guy." -Mary (July 25, 2015)
- "Ty was an absolutely wonderful photographer! He was so accommodating to our crazy schedules from the very beginning. My husband and I felt so comfortable around Ty and I think this made our pictures come out even better! From our engagement pictures to our wedding day everything went better than we could've imagined. Normally the second photographer he uses is his wife but she wasn't available so he asked us if it was okay to use another photographer which we didn't mind at all. His second photographer Deborah was absolutely wonderful and we have nothing but rave reviews for her as well. We were amazed at the number of photos Ty sent us! They were all wonderful and we had and are still having a hard time picking our favorites! We couldn't be more grateful for our experience with Ty and Deborah." -Hillary (October 1, 2016)
- "We cannot say enough how wonderful Ty was throughout our wedding process. His communication and input into everything was beyond helpful. Our wedding pictures are everything we could have asked for and more. Ty did an amazing job capturing everyone’s personalities and pulling in some of the beautiful scenery at our venue. He was so easy to work with and really helped capture every detail of our big day." -Lindsey (November 4, 2017)
- "Ty has an AMAZING eye for shots that aren't traditional or boring. No one will have wedding pictures like yours if you go with Ty! He was by far the most flexible and easy to work of all of my vendors. He truly bent over backwards for us. He went above and beyond on our wedding day and for our engagement pictures. He was always very prompt in his responses and got us our wedding pictures back in less than a month! My entire bridal party and even some of our guests mentioned how amazed they were at Ty's ability to be everywhere to get the perfect shot. He truly captured every remarkable moment of our big day. Booking Ty as our photographer was one of the easiest and least stressful parts of our wedding planning! Thank you, Ty!!!!!!!" -Rachel (August 8, 2015)